Friday, November 28
(I know, I know- 3 posts in one Friday night- I really need a life!!!)
I did miss the chaos a bit but after I left Shirlene's Mom and I went to Kathleen's and were entertained by Miss Piper so I did get a little bit of the kid chaos. She's such a doll!!!
What is the most stressful thing for you about the holidays?
The materialism- why can't it just be about celebrating the birth of Jesus and being with our loved ones?
What one quality do you admire most in others?
This one is difficult because I admire so many qualities in others. If I have to pick just one it would have to be compassion.
Do you enjoy winter, tolerate it, or detest it?
I enjoy winter.
Where is your favorite place to shop?
It depends on who and what I'm shopping for. If I'm shopping for myself (which is a no-no this time of year) I love Lane Bryant, Barnes and Noble, Target and Amazon. If I'm shopping for others I will go anywhere that has what I need. The only place I do not like to shop is stores like Cabella's or Sportsman's Warehouse- I'm so lost in places like that, it's very overwhelming.
Thursday, November 27
So appropriate that Thanksgiving falls on a Thankful Thursday. I am so blessed. Life is not without it's challenges but overall life is good.
- My Mom- have I mentioned that she's amazing? Seriously- my mom is the best!!! She's kind, loving, uber-patient and fun. Everyone who knows her loves her (I can only think of one exception and that person's opinion doesn't count)
- The rest of my crazy family- We're a bunch of loonies but we all love each other no matter what and that's all that counts.
- My job- How many people are lucky enough to say that they never have a bad day at work? I am so blessed to have a job I enjoy doing and to work with such wonderful friends.
- My cat- Only another cat lover will understand this one.
- My friends- the ones I talk to daily and the ones I only talk to once in a while- they make me feel important and loved.
- School- It's not fun, it takes up my time, and a lot of the time I really just want to drop out but I am thankful that I am getting my education (finally).
- Chocolate and Diet Coke- these two things are always on my list =)
Wednesday, November 26
1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
100. Totally copied a post from someone else's blog to your own
Tuesday, November 25
So while you're all waiting around on the edge of your seats for my post about the par-tay of the year I thought I'd share a little something to entertain you.
Remember how I said that I had some friends on the red carpet at the premiere? Well, they got most of the cast to wish our site a happy birthday since we're celebrating our one year birthday this week. It's so cool!!!!
One of the quotes today was an all too familiar conversation, it's funny and sad at the same time~
RS president: So how many children do you have?
Single Sister: I don’t have any.
RS president: Well, who is your husband?
Single Sister: Actually, I’m not married.
RS president genuinely perplexed: Oh. Well. Then. What is it that you do?
How many single people have had this conversation before? I know I have multiple times. There was a time when I was offended by conversations like this one but now I actually am amused by how perplexed people really do get when you tell them that you're in your 30's and single.
Monday, November 24
Thursday, November 20
- Diet Coke (it is how I plan on surviving the next 36 hours)
- My co-workers- They are so patient with me and my obsessions.
- Once again I have to mention my Twilight friends. I know, I know- I was thankful for them last week but because I've been pretty much breathing Twilight stuff for the last two weeks they are a huge part of my life right now. We laugh, we cry, we swoon, and we even argue but we understand each other in a way that no one else can- they just make me happy.
Tuesday, November 18
- The Baseball scene- this was hands down the coolest scene in the movie! I was so sad when the nomads entered the field because I knew it was coming to an end. I wanted it to last longer!
- The hospital scene (entrance of Dr. Carlisle Cullen!!!) Oh my Carlisle!!!!! I am in LOVE with him. He is my favorite character in the entire movie! *thud*
- The scene where Edward brings Bella home to meet his family. I won't elaborate but it was funny and I loved it!!
- The ballet scene kicked butt too! I loved the action, the emotion and the way it ends almost had me in tears.
Ok, that's enough rambling for tonight. I really wanted the movie to start over as soon as it was finished so I could see it again. I was so anxious the first time that I'm sure I missed tons of stuff.
I just have to add one more time before I go to bed- I LOVE Carlisle!!!! I know I've said it before but Peter Facinelli blew me away!!!
Today's Twilight Tuesday will be in two parts because I know I will have to post again after I see Twilight tonight. Yes, you read that correctly- I get to see the movie TONIGHT!!! I scored a ticket to the pre-screening here in Salt Lake. (insert fangirly squeals of delight!!!) I'll try and post a spoiler-free review tonight after I get home. That is if I can still form a coherent sentence ;)
Friday, November 14
What are you looking most forward to in the next week?
There’s this vampire flick opening next week that I’m looking forward to seeing.
What would you do if you knew you could not fail?
If you could choose to get rid of one animal on earth, what would it be?
If your life were a made for TV program, would it be a reality show, documentary, sitcom, cartoon, drama series, or a talk show?
I’m not sure which genre it would be but I’m sure the viewers would be bored and change the channel because my life isn’t very exciting.
Thursday, November 13
- The mountains. They are so beautiful covered in snow. I love the view!
- My Mom- she is the most patient woman I know. She puts up with so much more than I ever would!
- My Twilight friends- they make me laugh daily, love me unconditonally and understand my obsession- what more could a girl ask for?
- Chocolate- no explanation needed, right?
- That the Primary program is OVER!!!
- Tylenos Sinus
- Puffs with lotion
Wednesday, November 12
Monday, November 10
Yesterday's post was really struck a chord with me and I wanted to share it with all my single friends- The Candy Drawer.
All you married folks can read it too- then pass it on to your other single friends =)
Sunday, November 9
The Hunger Games is fantastic! It grabs you from the first chapter and takes you on quite a ride! The premise of the book is actually very disturbing because the participants in The Hunger Games are literally fighting for their lives as an entire country watches for entertainment. It was fascinating to see how the main character deals with everything that is thrown at her.
I didn't realize this was the first of a trilogy when I picked it up. I swore I wasn't going to start another unfinished series simply because the wait makes me crazy but now I'm back to the waiting game. Catching Fire is scheduled to be out in September of 2009. I know I'll be buying that the day it is released and if it's anywhere near as riveting as The Hunger Games I'll plan on not sleeping for a few days.
Friday, November 7
What are you most grateful for at this very moment?
Today I’m grateful for my love of reading. I can’t imagine my world without books in it.
Did this week's election results leave you feeling optimistic, pessimistic, or neither? Answer even if you aren't a U.S. citizen.
I’m feeling optimistic.
Name five meals you could have repeatedly for dinner.
Taco Salad, Coconut Chicken Curry, Tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches, Corn Chowder and Taco Soup
If you had a robot to help around the house, what three jobs would you have them do? What are three jobs you would not let them do?
I would have the robot clean the bathroom, wash the dishes and do the ironing. I would not have the robot wash the laundry. That’s the only thing I can think of that I wouldn’t give up control over.
Thursday, November 6
With this weeks election and Veteran’s Day coming up I’m feeling very patriotic so you’ll notice the list has a theme-
- I am thankful for my right to vote.
- I am thankful for my US citizenship.
- I am thankful for the men and women who are willing to put their lives on the line to defend this country.
- I am thankful for the families of those men and women. Theirs is a great sacrifice that is often unnoticed.
- I am thankful for my patriotic upbringing. Everyday I watched my dad put on a uniform and go to work for this country. Because of that I gained a great love for America and the Armed Forces. I am very proud to be an Army brat.
- This doesn't go with the theme but I had to add it anyway- I'm thankful that I get to go to dinner with Mom tongiht at PF Changs- Yummy!!!
Wednesday, November 5
I am so glad that election if finally over! I was so done! I think that candidates should not be able to start campaigning until 6 months before an election. That is ample time to campaign without it dragging on forever.
I was not surprised by the outcome of the presidential election. Did I vote for our new president? I did not. It was after a lot of thought and deliberation that I made the choice that I did. Sadly, I felt that I was choosing between two evils. I'm saddened by the fact that we did not have one candidate that stood out as exactly what I would like my president to be.
Even though I didn't vote for him I was brought to tears by his speech last night. This is a defining moment in American history and I am so glad that I witnessed it. I am thrilled that we have finally reached a place where an African American can hold the office of President.
I found this on another blog and just had to post it here because it really sums up how I feel about the whole issue. (bolding is mine)
Barack Obama was not my choice, but he is my president. That is true of all Americans. For the last eight years, there has been an ongoing campaign of destruction meant to handicap and hobble the last president. I refuse to be part of an effort to do the same to the next president. Those who didn't vote for Barack Obama must set a higher standard of civility and citizenship than those who didn't vote for George W. Bush. In defeat, there must still be nobility.
The last eight years have taught us what happens when you set out to destroy a presidency for political gain. You help your candidate, but you hurt your country. That pattern must not be followed with this new president. America must treat Barack Obama better than he treated George W. Bush.
Today is a new day, and a fresh start. And the president-elect gets the benefit of the doubt.
Tuesday, November 4
There is SO MUCH going on in the Twilight world these days. I can't even keep up and I help run a fansite- you would think I could stay on top of things but there's just too much! The media blitz has begun! 15 days people!!!!!
I'm just going to hit a few of the highlights-
The Twilight Soundtrack is available today. I downloaded it from I-tunes so I could get the extra tracks. I've only listened to it a couple of times but I like what I've heard so far. A couple of thoughts I've had so far-
~Robert Pattinson does not have a voice that appeals to me. *ducks flying tomatoes* I just don't enjoy it.
~Bella's Lullaby is nothing like I imagined.
~Paramore is my new favorite band. Here's their video of Decode from the soundtrack-
Empire Magazine has an incredible photoshoot with some of the cast- check it out!
Blogger is being very difficult with me right now so I'm going to have to give up on this post. It took me forever to get those last pictures up. If you're looking for more Twilight news visit here or google Twilight =)
Monday, November 3
When we moved from Hawaii I would listen to this song over and over and over again and just cry. (I was so dramatic!) Even now I get a lump in my throat when I listen to it. It's a really cheesy song but it holds so many memories, I just had to put it here.