Friday, May 29
What activities make you lose track of time?
I’m really good at loosing track of time- visiting with friends, reading and online activities are the biggest culprits.
What did you imagine yourself being the most when you were little?
I wanted to be an elementary school teacher when I was little. It was actually all I wanted to be for years. I got through with all my general requirements for the education program and the first education class I took made me change my mind.
If you could jump into any book what would it be and why?
Right at this moment I would jump into Magic Study by Maria Snyder but that’s because it happens to be the book I’m currently reading. I’d also love to jump into the Twilight Series, Harry Potter series, Anne of Green Gables series, any of Jane Austen’s books, Graceling and many many more. Why? Because I love the worlds and characters those authors have created.
What is your favorite thing to fix for dinner?
Monday, May 25
Thank you seems so insignificant and inadequate but it's all I can come up with.
Thank you for your service.
Thank you for my freedom.
Thank you for your bravery.
Thank you for defending your country.
Thank you for standing for what you believe in.
Thank you to your families for carrying on without you.
From the bottom of my heart- Thank You!
Saturday, May 23
Poison Study, Magic Study and Fire Study by Maria V. Snyder AKA Literary Crack.
These books are so good!!! My friend Kathy mentioned that she had read them and enjoyed them but she didn't warn me that I would be sucked into a world full of amazing characters that I wouldn't be able to escape until I was finished with the series. I'm not 100% sure I've escaped them though because I'm thinking I need to reread them to pick up any details I missed on my first whirlwind trip through them. Yes, they are that good. Read them, you won't be sorry, I promise.
I, of course, have another literary boyfriend to add to my list- Gilbert, Mr. Darcy, Teddy, Ian, Edward, Po and now..... (I'm not telling because it would spoil it for those of you that haven't read yet) *sigh*
Oh and one of the main characters is named Leif- how can the books be bad????
Thursday, May 21
Tuesday, May 19
Friday, May 15
What is the most interesting biography you have ever read?
I have no idea. I’m not a big biography reader.
What is the longest you have ever waited in a line?
Where do you want to be right now?
Germany or at home with a good book
What is hanging over your head and causing stress for you right now?
My bedroom needs some serious cleaning and organizing.
Thursday, May 14
- Modern medicine that allows miracles to happen everyday. 50 years ago Maggie would have lost the use of her hand because of nerve damage. Now, after surgery and physical therapy she should have full use and range of motion in her arm.
- Co-workers that are worthy Priesthood holders and who are willing to drop anything when a blessing is needed.
Tuesday, May 12
- It's clean.
- The workers are actually helpful (almost to the point of obnoxiousness)
- It's well organized.
- The food selection is way better.
- They have cute clothes (even in plus sizes!)
- They sell cute shoes.
- There don't seem to be as many screaming children.
- Amazing sock selection.
- Pepper Onion Relish- nuff said!
- Have I mentioned it's clean and that the staff are helpful?!??!
Sunday, May 10
Truer words have never been spoken. My Mom is the best! Seriously, you all may think you have the best moms out there but you are wrong ;)
There is nothing my Mom can't do. She can bake, cook, reupholster, sew, paint, decorate, quilt, move a household across the world, make stained glass, woodwork, find ancestors that are hiding, and so much more!!!
One of my very favorite things about my Mom is that she is so accepting of everyone. Anyone is welcome in her home at any time. Growing up we always had houseful of "strays" on holidays- single soldiers, families whose husbands are deployed, missionaries, random people she met at the airport- it was WONDERFUL!!!!
Love you Mom!!!!! Thanks for being my bestest friend!
Friday, May 8
Beach or mountains?
The beach but I don’t want to be hot so it needs to be in the northeast or northwest.
Online shopping or store shopping?
Depends on what I’m shopping for. I prefer to buy books, movies and music online because it’s usually cheaper. I like to buy clothes at the store so I can try them on.
If you live in America, do you enjoy Mother's Day? If not, does your country celebrate Motherhood in any way?
I have a love/hate relationship with Mother’s Day. I love it because I am able to honor my Mom and all that she has done for me. But at the same time it’s like a glaring spotlight on the fact that I’m not a mother.
What would be your best gift for Mother's Day?
A trip to Germany to visit my Mom =)
Thursday, May 7
- An A in accounting- have I mentioned how excited I am about that A? The reason I'm so thrilled is because I FAILED accounting last semester and was petrified to try again. I am so thankful for my teacher this semester. He made a very confusing subject make a sense. I'm also thankful for A's in my other two classes- apparently disappearing into a hole for 4 months was worth it.
- Janelle. I seriously have the BEST boss around.
- Aja- she is one of those friends that I can always count on. I loved being able to go to her sons blessing this weekend. I thank my lucky stars that she was such a diligent visiting teacher years ago.
- Girls night out with the gals in my ward. We had such an eclectic group at dinner last night and it was a blast! Of course the chicken tiki masala made it even better =)
- Decongestants, Puffs with lotion and Visine Allergy- can you tell my allergies are acting up?
- A haircut and color- it's amazing how a little hair dye can make you feel so much better about yourself.
Monday, May 4
Sunday, May 3
After the baptism we headed over to Bonnie and Ken's house for a BBQ and birthday party for the boys. It was a great evening full of yummy food and great company.
Here are a few of my favorite shots from the night-
I couldn't believe the selection of cupcakes! It made making a decision very difficult. I finally settled on peanut butter and chocolate-
Friday, May 1
If you owned a CB radio what would your "handle" be?
What are you looking forward to this weekend?
This is a crazy weekend- TwilightMOMS get together tonight, Mark and Dan’s baptism tomorrow afternoon, dinner at Bonnie’s after the baptism, X-Men Origins after dinner, Aja’s baby blessing on Sunday and lunch at her house after that. Whew! I got tired just typing all that. It’s going to be a fabulous weekend!!!
If you could snap your fingers and appear somewhere else, where would you be?
What magazine(s) do you subscribe to?
I have a subscription to the Ensign and Everyday Food, both of which are gifts from my Mom.