Thursday, February 24
Wednesday, February 16
Friday, February 11
Today's topic from Eve's Fan Garden:
We want to know five things you love the most about reading.There are so many things I love about reading, I hope I can express my thoughts so they make sense.
1. The ability to escape into a new world. I love sitting down with a book and being swept into a story. It's magical.
2. I love to learn from books. I don't read a lot of non-fiction so I'm sure that it doesn't seem that I am learning a lot but I think that I am. Books, even fictional ones, can teach about places, people and events. They allow me to see the world through a perspective that I never have and that allows me to grow. Love, respect and tolerance can be taught through any type of story. Books also can motivate me to want to learn about the cold hard facts behind the story.
3. Celebrating creativity- I think that sometimes we get so bogged down by the pressures of family, work, bills, school, etc. that we don't take time to focus on or appreciate creativity. Even if I don't love a book I appreciate the time, talent and energy that went into writing it. In every book I read I try to find something I like because I know that the author's heart and soul are on those pages and that deserves to be respected.
4. Friendship- Characters in books become my friends. I know that will only make sense to another reader so I'm not going to try and explain that one, you'll either get it or you won't.
5. Friendship- This is an aspect of reading that a lot of people don't think about. It's a different kind of friendship than I'm talking about in #4. This friendship is the amazing people that have come into my life because of my love for reading. My mother and I both love to read and that has strengthened our friendship. Because of book clubs- both online and in the "real" world I've made some of my best friends. We would never have crossed paths if it wasn't for a love of reading.